What We Do
We match learners with trained volunteer tutors in order to provide free one-on-one English and math literacy tutoring
All of our tutors receive training and on-going support to ensure they have the necessary tools to help learners achieve their personal, academic or vocational goals.
At any time we have more than 100 active tutor learner matches.
The ability to communicate with fellow citizens, keep a job or secure a new one, enroll in higher education or overcome a dependency on social assistance, have been important milestones achieved by many of our learners.
Project Literacy learners receive assistance with:
- Basic reading, writing and math skills;
- English as an Additional Language;
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI) testing;
- GED and specific grade preparation;
- Employment specific terminology;
- Trades math entrance exams;
- Apprenticeship training materials;
- Preparation for post-secondary courses;
- Skills upgrading for employment enhancement;
- Job application forms, citizenship preparation, and much more!